Guidance for planning application maps

Information and guidance on how to obtain a planning application map

I need a map for my planning application

You may be asked to submit a map with your planning application. To get maps of a house or other property for planning permission and/or submission to HM Land Registry, you can find and contact one of our OS licensed Partners. OS Partners and outlets around the country provide large-scale planning application maps, ready for you to order online or find in store. 

Planning permission

Partners who provide planning application maps

The following organisations are partnered with OS to provide customers with maps that are suitable for planning applications. Browse the results, shortlist your favourites, and contact them to learn how they can help you.

Planning application map providers

Use of HM Land Registry title plans in planning applications

HM Land Registry’s title plans are based on the Ordnance Survey map and are Crown copyright.

You are not permitted to use a HMLR title plan for planning applications. You’ll need to obtain a large-scale UK planning map from one of Ordnance Survey’s Business Partners.

When considering a planning application that includes a title plan, the local authority may ask for confirmation that its use is licensed by Ordnance Survey.

Further guidance

Related information